Creating a Custom Grade Center Column
a custom column in the Blackboard Grade Center is a very easy process and
provides flexibility for using the Blackboard Grade Center with traditional
courses. This document assumes that users are logged in to Blackboard and in a
1. From the Control Panel, click Grade Center. The Grade Center menu displays.
2. From the Grade Center menu, click Full Grade Center. The Full Grade Center displays.
3. Click the Create Column button. The Create Grade Column page displays.
4. In the Column Name field, enter a name for the column. This is the display name for the column.
5. If desired, in the Grade Center Name field, enter an optional column name. This is optional.
6. If desired, in the Description field, enter a description of the column.
the Primary Display drop-down,
select the primary display for the column. Choices
include Score, Percentage, Letter, and Complete/Incomplete.
desired, from the Secondary Display
drop-down menu, select a secondary display for the column. Choices include Percentage, Letter, and Complete/Incomplete.
the Points Possible field, enter the
total number of points for the column. This is a required field.
desired, click the Add Rubric button
to associate a rubric to the column.
desired, in the Due Date field,
select a date and time. It is recommended not to use a due date
12. To Include this Column in Grade Center
Calculations, click to select the Yes
13. To Show this Column to Students, click to
select the Yes radio button
14. To Show Statistics for this Column to Students
in My Grades, click to select the Yes
the Submit button. The custom column
is created and placed as the last column in the Grade Center.