The purpose of this document is to walk the viewer through the process of grading a written assignment submitted in Blackboard.
- The first step is to access the Grade Center. Starting at the Home Page from within the course, Access the Grade Center tab from the Course Management Control Panel. This is located just below the main course menu on the left hand side of the screen. Click on “Full Grade Center” in order to enter.
- The following picture represents a view of the grade center. This Yellow Exclamation Symbol informs the instructor that there is an item in this assignment that requires grading.
- When you Mouse Over, or place your mouse in the cell with the , and small icon appears on the right side of the cell. This is called a Chevron, and it will activate a menu as shown below:
- In order to begin grading the attempt, simply click on the item labeled “Attempt 8/18/14”.
- Once you have opened the grading window shown below, you will find (3) key areas for grading:
1. The Scoring Box (1) is the actual area to enter the final numeric score for the assignment.
2. The Attempt Box (2) is where you can put temporary grades for the assignment. The Feedback box can found once the Attempt Box is selected.
3. The Submission Box (3) is the actual name of the file that was uploaded.
6. FINALLY, NEVER FORGET TO HIT THE SUBMIT BUTTON! This is saving your work, and if you leave the page, your work will be lost!