Grading Discussion Forms
The purpose of this document is to walk the viewer through the process of grading a Discussion in Blackboard.
- The first step is to access the Grade Center. Starting at the Home Page from within the course, Access the Grade Center tab from the Course Management Control Panel. This is located just below the main course menu on the left hand side of the screen. Click on “Full Grade Center” in order to enter.
- The following picture represents a view of the grade center.This Yellow Exclamation Symbol informs the instructor that there is an item in this assignment that requires grading.
- When you mouse over, or place your mouse in the cell with the, and small icon appears on the right side of the cell. This is called a Chevron, and it will activate a menu as shown below:
4. In order to begin grading the discussion, simply click on the item labeled “Grade User Activity”.
5. Once you have opened the Grade User Activity shown below, you will find (2) key areas:
Area (blue) is a grading area for the users activity in the discussion.
Area (red) actually contains a copy of all time and dated posting activity by the student. This makes it handy to see and assess the activity.
6. Once ready to grade follow the following instructions:
1. Area (red) allows you to enter a numerical grade by simply clicking inside the box.
2. Area (blue) allows you to enter written feedback on performance.
7. DON'T FORGET TO HIT "SUBMIT".