Posting an Announcement
The purpose of this document is to guide instructors through the process of posting announcements in Blackboard courses. This document assumes that instructors are already logged in to Blackboard and a course.
1. From the Control Panel, click Course Tools.
2. From the Course Tools menu, click Announcements.
The Announcements page displays.
3. Click the Create Announcement button.
4. In the Subject field, enter a subject for the announcement.
5. In the Message field, enter the announcement text to be displayed to students.
6. In the Duration section, click to select either the Not Date Restricted or Date Restricted radio buttons.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If Not Date Restricted is selected the announcement displays immediately and remains displayed for the duration of the class. If Date Restricted is selected, instructors must use the Select Date Restrictions section to set dates and times.
7. If Not Date Restricted is selected, proceed to Step 10.
8. If Date Restricted is selected from the Select Date Restrictions section, set a Display After date and time by entering a date using the mm/dd/yyyy and hh:mm format.
9. If Date Restricted is selected from the Select Date Restrictions section, set a Display Until date and time by entering a date using the mm/dd/yyyy and hh:mm format.
10. From the Email Announcement section, click to select the Send a copy of this announcement immediately checkbox. Selecting that checkbox immediately emails a copy.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Selecting that checkbox immediately sends a copy of the announcement to students after the Submit button is clicked.
12. Click the Submit button to post the announcement for students.