Posting Your Own Response in Discussion Forums
The purpose of this document is to walk an instructor through the process of responding or creating their own thread in a Discussion in Blackboard.
- The first step is to access the Discussion. Starting at the Home Page from within the course, Access the Discussion tab from the Main Course Menu. This is located on the left hand side of the screen. Click on “Discussion” Tab in order to enter.
- The following picture represents a view of the Discussion Area. All Discussions in a course can be seen from this view. In this example we only have one discussion.
- When you Mouse Over, or place your mouse, on the discussion, you can click on it to enter the actual discussion threads.
- In order to create your own thread, or response, the original discussion question, Click on the “Create Thread” button highlighted below.
- Once you have opened the View User Activity shown below, you will find (2) key areas:
1. Area (1) is where you would place a titled for your response.
2. Area (2) is where you would type the text for your for posting to the forum.
- Once you have composed your response, do not forget to hit the “Submit” button in the upper or lower right hand corners of this view in order to save and make your work visible.