Responding to a Student in a Discussion
The purpose of this document is to walk an instructor through the process of responding to a Student in a Discussion in Blackboard.
- The first step is to access the Discussion. Starting at the Home Page from within the course, Access the Discussion tab from the Main Course Menu. This is located on the left hand side of the screen. Click on “Discussion” Tab in order to enter.
- The following picture represents a view of the Discussion Area. All Discussions in a course can be seen from this view. In this example we only have one discussion.
- When you Mouse Over, or place your mouse, on the discussion, you can click on it to enter the actual discussion threads.
- In order to begin reading and responding to the threads, simply click on a thread to expand it to your view.
- Once you have opened the View User Activity shown below, you will find (2) key areas:
1. Area (1) is the post, or thread, from the student for your review.
2. Area (2) is the button you click in order to post a reply. It is important to note that if other students have replied to this student, you will be able to see those listed in the window above the #2.
- Once in the reply window, you simple enter your response to the student. A copy of the post from the student is supplied in the upper portion of this view for your convenience.
- Finally, Do not forget to hit the “Submit” button in the lower right hand corner of this view in order to save and make your work visible.
- Once you have submitted your reply, you will see it listed beneath the student’s original thread or post.